Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse (RN)
Nurse Connection Staffing provides Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) as well as Registered Nurses (RN) to Schools located across New York State.
When working as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in a school office setting, we are prepared with the following working conditions and expectations:
Valid NYS Licensure as Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse
Expectations of Role for RN/LPN
Responsibilities during the school year
- A School Nurse responds to children in need of immediate health care while on school premises. Promoting healthy living by addressing health- related issues of the school population, which may include students, teachers, and other school staff
- Providing confidential health advice and proper care for children with special cases and disabilities
- Supporting, counseling and making referrals as needed for children with special health care concerns
- Giving advice to staff with how to deal with illnesses & infectious diseases; teaching health care education, and helping teachers cope with children who have special healthcare needs such as asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy
- The ability to respond in emergency medical situations. Must have good communication skills.
- May be asked to conduct counseling and crisis interventions if needed
- Updating paperwork for field trips & immunizations