Provision of professional nursing services in compliance with the New York Nurse Practice Act and any licensure requirement, governmental laws and regulations and The Nurse Connection policies and procedures. Works to contribute to an environment where The Nurse Connection Mission is actualized and patient/client measurable outcomes are achieved.
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- Hold a valid nursing license from the State of New York.
- Have two current years of medical surgical and/or acute care experience.
- Have a genuine interest in acute care.
- Demonstration of initiative, judgment and dependability.
- Compassionate, sympathetic and professional at all times.
- The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre-employment evaluation test(s) per policy.
- Candidate will have the physical ability to perform job-related duties, which may require lifting, standing bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing and pulling.
- A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment to verify that he/she is free from communicable disease and physically capable of performing assigned duties.
This position reports to and is supported by the Nursing Supervisor or RN designee. During a facility assignment, the LPN has an additional responsibility to both a facility-designated supervisor and all facility practices, which exceed those of the agency.
- Administers medications as ordered by physician.
- Administers treatments and other procedures as ordered by physician.
- Adheres to the plan of treatment in the provision of care for the patient.
- Communicates promptly any changes in patient’s status to the nursing supervisor in timely manner, utilizing appropriate professional judgement.
- Communicate to nursing supervisor ineffectiveness in current plan of care.
- Attends staff development programs as required by agency policy, regulation
- Maintains current active status of all required certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, etc.) as required by agency policy, facility contract and all regulatory entities
- Documentation will be prepared, submitted and maintained as required by the agency and/or facility.
- Assists patient in the maintenance and/or promotion of their optimal level of health.
- To have knowledge of all medications being administered; i.e., classification, normal dosages, adverse reactions and contraindications.
- To be familiar with emergency care policy and be prepared to implement it as indicated.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature.
- Maintains and enhances clinical practice skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.